Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Favourite Recipes for Breakfast


There are so many choices for the most important meal of the day but when it comes down to it, these are my top 5 favorite breakfast recipes. Although they are numbered, they are in no special favorite order.

I just love these breakfast recipes.

Potato Pancakes

This breakfast recipe is a really great comfort food. With the potato flavor, its taste is just satisfying. There are so many options and depending on how I feel, there are just so many things I can do with it. If I am in the mood for something sweet, I would add some apple sauce or syrup.

However, if I am looking for a more savory dish, I would add some sour cream or cream of mushroom soup as the topping. Even without anything on the side, potato pancakes make for a nice starter in the morning.

Hashbrown Casserole

I love hash brown casserole because it combines all the goodness a hash brown has to offer with cheese, chicken, sour cream, and other delicious additions. For days that I need a big breakfast with different classifications of food, this would be the one.

Make this recipe the night before and just heat it up either in the oven, if you have time, or in the microwave, if you are running out the door.

Eggs Benedict

This is one of my favorites because there is just so much that goes into Eggs Benedict. It isn't your typical eggs and toast breakfast because this one has a poached egg on top of an English muffin and is topped off with Hollandaise sauce.

Not to mention the goodness that the cheese and ham or Canadian bacon can add to the ensemble. No doubt it is the perfect combo of breakfast ingredients.

Belgian waffles

Waffles are great because they are crispy and it is yet another recipe that I can experiment with. Belgian waffles are easy to make and there are so many things that go great with it like cream, fruit, or butter.

In my breakfast recipes collection, you will see the difference between regular waffles versus the Belgian waffles.

Homemade pancakes

I included homemade pancakes on the list because it is something that I can't find anywhere else. There is just something about pancakes that are made from scratch that are better than the commercial mix.

On Sunday mornings, this is one of the most requested recipes in my household. My daughter loves to help measure out the ingredients and because she gets involved in making of the homemade pancakes, she loves eating it as well.

What a concept to have your children assist in making the recipe, and in turn they will most likely assist in eating it too. This technique cures the picky eater syndrome.

So there you have it, these are my top 5 breakfast recipes. No doubt you'll wake up to a healthy (and delicious) start. I hope this will inspire you to come up with your very own top 5 breakfast recipes. If these recipes that I mentioned here happen to be your top five as well, then we may just have something in common.